100% PURE NEW ZEALAND

Awaroa Estuary at Night

Awaroa Estuary at Night, Abel Tasman NP, South Island, NZ

The New Zealand Tourism Board uses the tagline “100% Pure New Zealand” to attract visitors.  Quite a bold statement from a small island nation in the South Pacific.  I’m pleased to say that New Zealand did not disappoint us in any respect.  After a month of traveling around the South Island we were still fully enjoying ourselves and if Eddie (our canine child) was with us we would have happily stayed much longer.

Our time there involved an amazing variety of experiences and I’ve struggled with how to best present the images.  Keeping things simple is how I like to approach life so I’m going to break the presentation into the different weeks of our trip.

Here is a sample from Week One:  Time-Lapse sequence from our balcony in Auckland (video below), a long walk around Auckland (in a jet-lagged stupor following 31 hours of travel), hiking and kayaking the Coast Track of Abel Tasman National Park with Wilson’s Abel Tasman guiding company and tasting some delightful New Zealand wines in the South Island’s Marlborough region.  It was a fine lineup to start our holiday off.

I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed making them.   If you experience problems viewing the (flash-based) slideshow below simply click here to see the image thumbnails.  Until next time, take care.  Jimmy

NZ Week 1 – Images by James White

23 Responses to “100% PURE NEW ZEALAND”

1. John Warner says:

Do you need an assistant?!

2. Nice. I wish I was Jimmy White for a day. Jimmy, I finally framed that print I got from you. I used an all black mat. 8″ on each side. And a thick 3″ black frame. Its big but looks really good. Its too bad you didn’t sign it, everyone thinks its one of mine.
    I haven’t decided where to hang it, but I’ll send you a picture.

3. Valerie Goff says:

What an amazing trip and as always amazing pictures. Can’t wait to hear more about it, very jealous!

4. Sally says:

Hi Jimmy,

It is always a treat seeing your photos!

Sally

5. Lee Slater says:

Great work Gum! The beaches are gorgeous! It looks like you guys had a great time. Love, Lee

6. Gail Birdsall says:

Jimmy, I Love your photo’s,thanks for sharing and showing off my beautiful country. Look forward to more !

7. Rita Pignato says:

Hi Jimmy,

The images as always are fantastic. I especially love the night images with the stars and sky. Well done as always,

Ciao,
    Rita

8. Elizabeth Trice says:

Beautiful photographs, Jimmy. Almost made me feel like I was there! So glad Cindy went, too.

9. Randy Moore says:

Thanks for sharing some of your terrific photos. My son Bryan and I are planning to spend most of December in New Zealand so thanks for wetting our appetite for the views to come. I hope you can be part of the Sarasota Bay Water Festival this year set for Saturday, November 2 at Ken Thompson Park. Take care Jimmy.

10. Christie Lassen says:

Amazing! Thanks for sharing your adventure!

11. Hailey says:

wow. wow. wow.
    I absolutely can not wait to see more! The one with Cindy and her eye patch is adorable.

12. Very beautiful photos, Jim. Extraordinarily clear. What kind of camera did you use?